S’entraîner gratuitement en ligne au test écrit du TOEIC
Parmi les tests d’évaluation des compétences acquises en langue anglaise, le TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) est sans doute l’un des plus demandés par les entreprises aujourd’hui. Il vise à certifier votre niveau d’anglais, notamment dans le cadre du monde professionnel. Le test propose ainsi plusieurs sections, chacune vérifiant une compétence spécifique. On distingue deux types de test TOEIC: le TOEIC Reading and Listening, vérifiant le niveau de compréhension écrite et orale du candidat, et le TOEIC Speaking and Writing, vérifiant le niveau d’expression écrite et orale du candidat. Edulide vous entraîne au test avec 100 questions type TOEIC corrigées.
Complétez notre test blanc gratuit pour préparer et passer le TOEIC
Avec ses épreuves de natures variées et sa limite de temps imparti, le TOEIC est un test qui demande de l’entraînement. Edulide vous propose un test d’entraînement gratuit au TOEIC Reading, afin d’entraîner vos capacités de compréhension écrite. Pour plus de défi, entraînez-vous dans les conditions de l’examen: vous disposez de 75 minutes pour répondre à nos 100 questions réparties en trois sections d’exercices comme au TOEIC.
Première section: phrases à compléter
Réponses de la première section
Deuxième section: texte à compléter
Réponses de la deuxième section
Troisième section: compréhension de texte
Réponses de la troisième section
Exemples de questions pour le test TOEIC écrit – Reading
Consignes: In the Reading test, you will read a variety of texts and answer several different types of reading comprehension questions. The entire Reading test will last 75 minutes. There are three parts, and directions are given for each part. You are encouraged to answer as many questions as possible within the time allowed.
You must mark your answers on the separate answer sheet. Do not write your answers in the test book.
Première section: complétez les phrases.
Cette première section de l’épreuve Reading vérifie votre maîtrise de la grammaire anglaise (formes verbales, usage des prépositions, comparatifs ) ainsi que de votre connaissance du vocabulaire lié au monde professionnel.
Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
1. Diane —— a meeting of the partners to discuss the merger situation.
2. He is going to have to fly to Los Angeles, —— he likes it or not.
3. At lunch, he —— eat at his desk than go out with us.
(A) would rather
(B) would prefer
4. The executives in —— management decided to go ahead with the buyout.
5. As the project’s creative director, he delegated the smaller —— to interns in the art department.
6. —— in doubt, get started early on the workload.
7. Just wait —— see until she shows her portfolio to the board.
8. —— worked there for five years, he could tell when people were about to get fired.
(A) Having had
9. Let’s just say the pitch meeting didn’t —— the way she wanted it to in the room.
10. —— she got her first by-line, her name went up on the publication’s masthead.
(B) As soon as
11. He violated the terms of his contract —— not coming back from vacation.
(D) when he did
12. We —— to be on our best behavior when the president of the company would stop by.
(A) were asked
(C) were asking
(D) would ask
13. —— you work to finish this assignment, —— you can go home for the weekend.
(A) The more fast / the more early
(B) The most fast / the most early
(C) The fastest / the earliest
(D) The faster / the earlier
14. Because she didn’t want to miss the presentation, she —— a 5 a.m. flight from San Francisco to New York.
(A) would take
(C) had taken
(D) would have taken
15. —— he wrote the date down wrong, he showed up for his first day at the office one day late.
16. Peggy worked her way up from getting hired as an intern to pitching ideas as a junior copywriter to getting the company new clients and ——.
17. The boss sent a company-wide memo saying she would hold —— reviews for all the employees who requested one.
18. He resigned from his job as he felt his —— wasn’t valued enough.
19. One day, he hid under his desk at the investment banking firm where he worked, —— the client he had stood up the day before see he wasn’t stuck in bed with the flu.
20. The firm was audited all week long and discrepancies in its finances ——.
(A) was found
(B) would be found
(C) were found
(D) to find
21. He got fired because he did not respect the firm’s non-disclosure ——.
22. The budget deficit is calculated by the —— of accounts
23. The marketing meeting —— cancelled because the marketing director was not there.
(B) having been
(D) has been
24. The firm and its franchise agreed —— a common strategy.
25. When I —— ready, I will move on to another company.
(A) will be
(D) am being
26. I wanted to order one of those laptops but they were for —— only.
(B) big sale
(C) huge sale
(D) trade sale
27. —— I known there was a strike this morning, I wouldn’t have come today.
(B) Have had
(D) Had have
28. The —— part of the financial crisis was that it increased the unemployment rate.
29. —— I had to cancel a meeting because I did not have the time to prepare it.
(B) One time
(C) That time
(D) This time
30. —— worked both in marketing and in advertising, she has more perspective than I do.
(C) Having had
31. Our new customers get a 10% —— on their first purchase.
32. Neither Kelsey —— her assistant told me that there was a conflict between the account department and the IT department.
33. The two firms decided to —— in order to create a stronger, unique company.
34. Last year, the increase in production costs led to —— prices.
35. 2014 was such a tough year for the company that it —— bankrupt
36. When it comes to personal loans, the lower the rate the ——.
37. Actually, he did not quit his job, he was ——.
38. If you lose this case, you will not get another good one, —— will you go back to your former position.
39. I used to be an intern, then I worked my way —— to be an editor.
40. When on the phone, always ask the customer if he needs help to —— his order.
Deuxième section: complétez les phrases d’un texte.
La deuxième section du test Reading est assez similaire à la première. Les blancs à compléter font ici partie d’un texte, généralement lié à un environnement de travail, qui évalue votre pratique de la grammaire et du vocabulaire en anglais professionnel.
Directions: Read the texts on the following pages. A word or phrase is missing in some of the sentences. Four answer choices are given below each of these sentences. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 1 to 15 refer to the following letter.
Mr Henry Madden
2680 Rutland Road
11225 Brooklyn, NY
Dear Mr Madden,
Following your interview with Ms. Donovan, I am happy to announce you that you are —— as marketing assistant
at the Hamlet editions. We are looking forward to —– with you.
(A) work up
As part of your duties, you will have to assist Ms. Donovan in various types of work she may need, such as meeting the clients, organizing meetings, copy writing and helping with the firm’s marketing strategy. You will have your own office, —— to Ms. Donovan’s.
You work hours will be 9 am to 5 pm every day, from Monday to Friday. You may have to work —— in which case you will earn an additional percentage to your current wage.
(A) more time
(B) additional time
(D) extra time
However, as a trial period employee, you are not eligible to receive paid time off ——.
The terms of your trial period specifies that in the 90 day period, Hamlet Editions can dismiss you for any reason without you being able to —— the company on trial.
During this trial period, Ms. Donovan will be —— charge of your actions in the company
—— to our employee internal management policy.
(C) by accordance
(D) by accord
Your first duty will be to work with the marketing team on the campaign of our —— signed book, The Nothingness of Being by young author J. P. Salter.
—— you are expected to start on the 29th,
Ms. Donovan would like you to send some ideas —— your first day.
The idea is to launch the book by Christmas and to promote it —— a social media campaign.
You are expected to present your ideas during a first presentation which will also be the opportunity for you to meet the whole team. —— your daily outfits, you will need to dress smartly in case of meetings with important clients.
(A) In regard of
(D) In regards
However there is no specific dress code. Also know that you can benefit from our personal dry-cleaning services, everyday from 8 am to 8 pm. A car service is also at your —— for work emergency only.
Once again, we are happy to welcome you at Hamlet editions. Please —— me know if you have any inquiry.
Director of talent acquisition
Questions 16 to 30 refer to the following letter.
Dear Ms. Banks,
We are pleased to announce that you have been —— for the summer internship position at our Chicago offices.
If you decide to accept this offer, you —— to begin your internship on June 3, 2016 and to work 25 hours per week.
(A) will expect
(C) will be expected
(D) would be expected
You will be payed monthly as per our previous —— and will receive temporary —— status.
——, you will not have access to a number of employee benefits including but not limited to health insurance, vacation, or paid holidays.
(B) As such
(C) And so
(D) As so
—— the internship is expected to end on August 31, 2016, you will be given the opportunity to —— your stay at the company at the end of your internship in accordance —— your performance review.
Your —— and daily tasks will be determined by your supervisor and will include liaising between production assistants and the props and lighting department on —— for the duration of the shoot, assisting line producers and unit production managers in their work, and —— to your supervisor at base camp at the end of each shooting day.
(A) an everyday principle
(B) a daily roll
(C) an all-day base
(D) a daily basis
By accepting this position, you agree not to —— any confidential information you —— potentially be privy to during your time at the company to any person or outlet outside of the company.
(C) could have
(D) shall have
We hope to see you in our Chicago offices soon. Please indicate your —— of this position by signing the form enclosed hereinafter and returning it to our main address. If you have —— questions, feel free to contact me.
Internship Program Coordinator
Troisième section: compréhension de texte.
Cette dernière section de la partie Reading évalue votre capacité à lire un texte en anglais professionnel et à y chercher des informations. Vous devez ainsi répondre à des questions qui vérifient votre compréhension des textes proposés.
Directions: In this part you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, letters, and advertisements. Each text is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 1 to 15 refer to the following memo.
From: Emily Sherman, Internship Program Coordinator
Sub: reviews + staff meeting
Dear all, your internships are coming to an end as the end of the summer is approaching. As you all know, those of you who wish to have a performance review with myself and your supervisor can request one by signing up on the sheet on the board in the common room in the office. You will be able to discuss your college credits and/or whether you will be able to continue working at the Chicago offices of Rosalita Prod. after your internship ends, and if so in what capacity. I also expect all of you to attend the staff meeting on August 26. We will look back on the experience of the shoot and review together what worked and what didn’t, so be prepared to jump in with any notes you have or ideas to improve the production schedule, etc. I also want to invite you all to the wrap party we will hold at the end of August. There will be food and drinks (champagne for those of you 21+) and a screening of the movie. You’re each allowed a plus-one, but only one as the event will take place in a small venue downtown. I’ve enjoyed working with you all and look forward to working with you again next year for those of you staying next year.
P.S. Happy 20th and 21st birthday to Dan and Jane respectively!
1. What is the main purpose of this memo?
(A) To inform interns of the end of their internship
(B) To invite interns to a party and to a movie screening
(C) To inform interns about tasks and events to attend in regards to the end of their internship
(D) To wish happy birthday to some interns
2. Who is this memo intended for?
(A) Dan and Jane
(B) All interns
(C) Interns who wish to request a performance review
(D) Interns who are in college
3. What happens on August 26?
(A) The interns’ performance reviews
(B) Dan and Jane’s birthday
(C) The end of the internships
(D) A staff meeting
4. Who will get a performance review?
(A) All interns
(B) All interns receiving college credits for their internship
(C) All interns who request one
(D) All interns who will continue working at Rosalida Prod.
5. What is in the common room?
(A) The staff meeting
(B) The wrap party
(C) The sign-up sheet to get a performance review
(D) The interns’ performance reviews
6. What will take place near the end of August?
(A) The interns’ performance reviews, the end of internships, a staff meeting, and the wrap party
(B) Dan and Jane’s birthday, a party for the interns, and performance reviews
(C) An interns’ meeting and Dan and Jane’s birthday
(D) A party in the common room, a staff meeting, and performance reviews
7. What is the party at the end of August for?
(A) It isn’t a party but a staff meeting
(B) A birthday party for Dan and Jane
(C) A party to celebrate the end of the summer and of the internships
(D) A party to celebrate the end of a movie shoot
8. Who is invited to the party?
(A) Dan and Jane and their friends
(B) Emily Sherman, the Internship Program Coordinator, Dan, Jane, and their friends
(C) All the interns and no one else
(D) All the employees and their guest
9. Who will be able to drink champagne at the party?
(B) Everyone except Dan and Jane
(C) Dan and Jane for their birthday
(D) Everyone except Dan
10. What does Emily Sherman think of the interns?
(A) She prefers Dan and Jane to the other interns
(B) She will hold performance reviews because they haven’t worked hard enough on improving the production schedule
(C) She’s enjoyed them and wants to work with them more
(D) The staff meeting will determine whether she wants them to stay next year or not
11. Was the experience of shooting the movie successful?
(A) Yes overall, but the production schedule can be improved
(B) Yes, it was extremely successful
(C) No, and the staff meeting will determine why it wasn’t
(D) We don’t know yet, and the screening at the party will determine whether it was or not
12. Where will the party take place?
(A) In a small venue in Los Angeles
(B) In the common room
(C) Downtown Chicago
(D) In the Chicago offices of Rosalita Prod.
13. Who are Dan and Jane?
(A) Two interns’ plus-ones for the party
(B) Emily Sherman’s supervisors
(C) Two actors in the movie
(D) Two interns
14. When will the party take place?
(A) August 26
(B) At the end of the summer
(C) Next year
(D) It wasn’t specified
15. What will happen next year?
(A) Some interns might return to work with Emily Sherman
(B) Emily Sherman will no longer be working in Chicago
(C) All the interns will graduate from college
(D) The movie shoot will continue
Questions 16 to 30 refer to the following program and e-mail.
Black Code Agency
Organic Catering Corp.
|Black Code Agency attendees: Emily Menkes
|Organic Catering Corp. attendees:Orscar Whitman (event manager)
Lorenzo Marshall (product manager)
|Introduction – Organic Catering Corp. service overview
– Black Code Agency’s event presentation
|Partnership proposal for the Vosges gala- Event description
– Product order
|Final proposal and signature||Sasha Kent|
To: Oscar Whitman, Lorenzo Marshall
From: Emily Menkes, Black Code Agency
Subject: Next week’s meeting
Dear Oscar, dear Lorenzo,
I hope this email finds you both well. Once again, I want to tell you, in the name of Black Code Agency, how happy we are about this partnership and that I am sure we will make a good team.
Attached to this email you will find the agenda of next Tuesday’s meeting which will be held in our Manhattan offices on Lexington Avenue, since our Brooklyn headquarters are being renovated at the moment. My assistant, Joyce, will meet you downstairs at 10:30 am and walk you to our conference room. Max Horner, head of marketing, and Sasha Kent, head of public relations, will organize the meeting and present to you the Vosges Gala we are hosting next month. This is a very important event where near 950 guests are expected, including movie celebrities, models and socialites. You understand how important the buffet is here.
We would love to hear your catering proposal during the meeting, however we have there are certain conditions we would like to lay out before going any further. Some of our guests follow very strict gluten-free diets or vegan diets: it is highly important that we have enough food and drink that are convenient for them and this is precisely why we have called Organic Catering Corp. However, we do not want a separate buffet. Maybe you can suggest different colors of plates for each option (meat, fish, seafood, vegan, gluten-free, gluten, etc)? We want the food and plates to look fancy and elegant, but not over-the-top. Please keep it simple and minimalistic. The location of the event will be in Soho on February 20th. I will give you more information as soon as I can. One last thing, the Vosges Gala is a black tie event, so the waiters will need to be dressed accordingly. If you need more information, please let me know. We look forward to meeting you and working with Organic Catering Corp.
Director of communications
Black Code Agency
16. Who is this email addressed to?
(A) Organic Catering Corp.
(B) Black Code Agency
(C) Emily Menkes
(D) Oscar Whitman and Lorenzo Marshall
17. What is this email about?
(A) The address of Black Code Agency’s headquarters
(B) The agenda of a futur meeting between two companies
(C) An issue encountered by Black Code Agency in its partnership with Organic Catering Corp.
(D) The cancellation of the Vosges Gala
18. Who is Sasha Kent?
(A) Organic Catering Corp’s head of public relations
(B) Black Code Agency’s head of public relations
(C) Organic Catering Corp’s head of marketing
(D) Black Code Agency’s head of marketing
19. The word agenda in the text is in closest meaning to:
20. Where and when will be the next Black Code Agency and Organic Catering Corp meeting?
(A) New York City, February 20th
(B) Manhattan, January 12th
(C) Brooklyn, January 12th
(D) Soho, February 20th
21. Who is going to attend the meeting?
(A) Joyce, Sasha, Max, Emily, Oscar, Lorenzo
(B) Emily, Oscar, Lorenzo, Sasha, Max
(C) Lorenzo, Oscar
(D) Max, Sasha, Lorenzo, Oscar
22. What is one of Emily’s main concern regarding the food?
(A) Some food must not contain any gluten
(B) Some food must not contain any sugar
(C) Some food must not contain any salt
(D) Some food must be minimalistic
23. What is the address of the event?
(A) Prince Street in Soho
(B) We do not know it yet
(C) Somewhere on Lexington avenue
(D) The event has been cancelled
24. What will be Lorenzo’s duty during the meeting?
(A) He will have to present Black Code’s next event
(B) He will have to describe the products
(C) He will have to present what Organic Catering Corp. does
(D) He will have to present the final proposal
25. How do the food and plate need to look like at the gala?
26. Who is Joyce?
(A) A socialite who will attend the gala
(B) A Black Code Agency’s employee
(C) Lorenzo’s assistant
(D) Sasha’s assistant
27. When was this email sent?
28. What could be a synonym of the expression over-the-top?
(B) Not enough
29. Why does Emily want different plate colors?
(A) She wants the buffet to be colorful
(B) She hates black and white
(C) Some guests may be colorblind
(D) She does not want separate buffets
30. Where is Lexington Avenue?
La partie Reading du TOEIC Listening and Reading demande de l’entraînement pour être complètement à l’aise avec des textes écrits en anglais et, qui plus est, en anglais professionnel. Une révision de la grammaire et du vocabulaire doit être à envisager en amont également pour couvrir toutes les connaissances requises par le test. Surtout, un entraînement aux épreuves dans les conditions de l’examen est le meilleur moyen de préparer sa réussite au TOEIC.